Wednesday, May 30, 2012

JEFF ROSS FEATURING THE SUITCASE TOUR, SAT JUNE 9

JEFF ROSS FEATURING THE SUITCASE TOUR
ARTIST RECEPTION SATURDAY JUNE 9, 5-9PM

ARTIST: Jeff Ross
BORN: Wurtzburg, Germany - 1961
CURRENT LOCATION: Denver Colorado

I have travelled extensively visiting museums and artists for my exposure to art in it’s many forms. Collecting art and books are my inspiration and education. I have been collecting Outsider art (self taught, folk art, and art brut ) for 11 years.

The art you'll see is basically what comes out of me. The different styles are created during the same periods. I switch styles depending on my materals, my location, and my mood. I have harnessed my ADD as a power tool.

My creative process is a combination of reckless abandon and fortitude. I rely on my reaction to what just happened to direct the next move, rather than planning outright. Using my 20 years of screenprinting experience as a tool, I utilize bold colors, heavy layering , and strong graphic qualities to present a fresh approach without alot of academic proceedings to make images that stick in people’s minds.


Jeff's artwork is a combination of paintings & collages integrated with mixed media that lends texture to his pieces, conveying a certain rawness & uninhibited nature. This exhibit is sure to delight & excite your senses! Artist Reception Saturday June 9, 2012 5-9PM. The gallery will open at 3:00 pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment